All-in-one application managed by the business, for the business
Supplier Invoice Management refers to the review of supplier invoices before they are categorized as a cost in the company’s ERP system and sent for payment.
To digitize this process on Content Server, there are some key elements to consider:
This sample solution has been developed to showcase the potential of Module Suite
Clicking on “Export Excel”, the system will inject data into a pre-formatted Excel template. This way, users can execute custom analysis through pivot tables and charts, update data, and even add additional columns. Reuploading the file on the system will update the data set on Content Server
Application Sandbox at its best
For Content Suite applications, sandbox development is key. Thanks to this approach, users are naturally constrained within the perimeter of the application’s frame & functionalities and can perform tasks efficiently.
Luckily, this is what Module Suite does best: creating feature-rich containerized UIs, as well as user-customizable portions of the app. All in one space, one click away.
- Role-based UIs with responsive design
- Search Form embedded in the browse view
- Settings Page: toggle buttons, backed by custom automation, offer simplified user management
- Workflow Configurator: a multi-step wizard that allows business users to manage workflow logic
- Decluttered Menu: default menu items can be removed to create a context menu that is relevant to the app. In this example, the “delete” option was eliminated to reduce the risk of missing invoices
- Custom Menu Items: these are configurable buttons for one-click task execution (e.g. Export in Excel; Start WF)
- In-page preview: Module Suite PDF APIs can extract a document’s first page and present it as an image preview
Keep integrated data up to speed with instant two-way synchronization.
In this example, ERP data is surfaced in the browse view columns to enrich invoice details. Any changes on the ERP will be reflected in Content Server keeping your data 100% accurate
- Bulk export & update via Excel: export data in a custom formatted Excel (instead of an anonymous .csv)
- Background automation: when the workflow starts, a series of scheduled jobs will run in the background (e.g. the reassignment of document permission) not to interfere with end users
- ERP synchronization: when an invoice is approved from the app, its payment gets automatically unblocked on the ERP
- Watermarking: as part of the archival, the final PDFs are watermarked as “approved” and paired with the invoice approval history
This sample process was adopted as an accelerator to quickly set up the solution’s backbone for Banca Popolare di Sondrio (Suisse). Learn how this turned into an outstanding success story